Monday, April 17, 2006

Cat saves baby's life

Cat saves baby's life | Reuters.com

This photo is not from the actual news article, but I think it has its own meaning related to what I just read.

I don't like cats. At least in the sense of having one. If I were to choose between a cat and a dog, I would definitely have a dog. I would fight like a lion in order to not having a cat.

This fact, though, doesn't mean that they are useless or that they don't have their own grace and beauty. They are indeed very elegant and kitties are usually very cute. Here I also include all the felidae class, that means tigers, lions, panthers, etc.

In this news that I just read, a cat in Berlin found a baby in the doorstep of a house and then started to meow very loud until someone woke up and found the baby.

Nobody knows by know the identity of the mother, but the baby is fine and the article doesn't mention what will happen to him. I hope they can find a better home for the baby.

Here comes my old question again: "Are humans really rational animals?"

This question, though, is not made for us to answer thinking about other people's actions. This question is suited, perfectly suited actually, for us to question ourselves. Are we really being rational when we choose our decisions in life?

Sometimes I think that for some of us, me included, it would somehow be better if we were irrational animals. At least we would have the excuse of "really" being irrational...

I hope the cat story can help us think about ourselves and our own decisions.

A feline hug in erverybody.

No comments: