Sunday, April 23, 2006

Mutts


I always loved Comics. Since I was a kid (am I not still one?) , I used to read all sorts of comic books. Gladly enough, my parents were always very supportive and I read from Superman to Spider-man, ranging to Disney's, Monica (an excellent Brazilian comic - click the link for the english website), some Asterix and the list goes on and on.


When I first saw Garfield and 'his' comic strips, I fell in love immediately. I laughed my heart out with his stories and his humor, sometimes a bit dark, but always very good. The other day, I was browsing one of the Building 19 stores when I saw the comics section. That's when I first saw Mutts.


I still don't know specifically why it caught my attention; maybe only because I love comics. Well, anyways, I know that I took the book and started looking at it. I couldn't help but laugh by its comicalness filled with a sort of philosophic meaning in some of them.


Naturally (?), I bought both books I found about 'him'. Today I decided to post some of the comic strips I found on the internet that show a little bit of why I think this comic is a great one that brings us not only fun but some thought on our responsibility while here on Earth.

If you can't read the strips here, simply click on them and you'll be able to see a bigger version.

No comments: