Friday, March 31, 2006

Sara Wheeler

Sara Wheeler at Bunker Hill Community College

Last week, while in school, I had the chance to listen to this great singer. Sometimes BHCC provides its students with cultural presentations and invites some artists to show their talent.

And what a talent we saw last thursday. Her name was Sara Wheeler. These photos I took while watching her.

With only her divine voice and guitar in an intimate acoustic presentation, she captivated the audience of a few, but highly interested, students that were passing through the hall.

With good lyrics and an awesome musicality - her songs (yes, all songs are her compositions) she provided us with a great acoustic guitar player performance. I was even more surprised when she used her guitar to play one song in a non conventional way. Istead of playing with its strings, she turned it backwards and used it as a percussion instrument. Awesome.

Sara Wheeler at Bunker Hill Community College

We also had a snack provided my the school and I had the chance to buy one of her cds that she was selling at the time. Moonlight Dancers. Very good CD. If you like songs with lyrics in a kind of celtic mood, sung by a very good voice, I don't know what you are waiting for.

If you want to have a taste of her musicality, you can check her official website to listen do some of her songs and also to check a little bit of her career and other information about her life and projects.


This is my musical suggestion of the week. I hope you enjoy it as I sure did and still do.

A musical kiss to everybody.

No comments: