Friday, April 01, 2005

College Writing

Hi Everyone,

Today, er I mean, yesterday, I finished my first class in Bunker Hill Community College. It was College writing I.

Last tuesday we had our final exam, that talked about Graffiti and I passed. Yesterday we had to give our teacher the final version of the research paper. Everybody in the class should do one essay containing around five written pages about any subtopic that versed around the theme Sweatshops.

At first, almost nobody in the class liked the theme. One of the reasons was that few people there, including me, knew what were sweatshops. But, once again, our teacher proved to be right when decided for this topic. We had a lot of material, so much that was hard to focus on only two or three references to put on the paper.

After finishing it (I wrote about the liaison between Soccer and Child Labor), I felt very well, because now I know not only a new word, but I can really see that there a lot of problems in the world that are much bigger than mine. This makes me feel even more commited to life and commited to try to help our world to be a better place to live.

I'm glad for a lot of things today. For finishing my first class in english, doing everything well. I'm happy for the text that I wrote. And also happy for the opportunity to know new people, new friends that make our lives much more easy and light to carry on.

Ah, and by the way, today is April Fool's day (click here for another interesting link), but everything I just said is completely true and accurate... :)

In 2004, April First, "National Public Radio's news program All Things Considered announces that the United States Postal Service, as part of its "Go Postal" program, is launching a "National Portable Zip Codes Program," which will allow individuals to keep their old zip codes if they move within the United States. [14]"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and for reading. And I hope you were able to get the audioblogger to work, cause it is handy. I would use it more often, but am used to typing out my thoughts....maybe I'll use it more after this summer. But thanks again.