Saturday, April 16, 2005

"Engrish"

Engrish.com

Teach Arithetic? What is this?
(this picture I found some time ago and can't recall where I got it from)
I'm not a natural born english talker. But probably everybody that comes here already knows this. I can say that not only for how I'm writing (someone that is american or that knows more english than I do, probably knows that I'm using improper words and prepositions in my writings) but also because of the themes that I've been talking about.

However, when we study something knew, one of the first things we do is to make mistakes. And with mistakes we learn how not to make them anymore, or at least this is the goal to achieve when learning. On the other hand, to get rid of some old mistakes is really, really hard.

The day before yesterday I was surfing the web when I saw a shark... :) Well, of course it was not a real shark , but I really got scared! :D A web site made with actual photographs of english errors found in advertisements, in street banners, in products... I got scared with so many mistakes, but I laughed more than anythnig else. There are some pearls inside the web site. It really worth a visit. Click on the link at the top of this post to go there.

But, as entrée, I'll put here two that I think are very hilarious...


Ground-father and Ground-mother? Where are they?


Is it chocolate with milk or milk with chocolate?

No comments: