Tuesday, April 05, 2005

NCAA Tournament

Musics and videos from the NCAA
CBS Sports complete coverage of the Finals

I can't play nothing of basketball. But I have fun watching it. A few minutes ago, the 2005 NCAA championship finished. UNC (University of North Carolina) against Illinois. The final score for the game was 75 UNC x 70 Illinois. (above you see the photo of Sean May, the MVP (Most Valuable Player) of the Final Four of NCAA.

As everybody already know here, I'm not American, so, I knew the NCAA existed because of Michael Jordan that came from there (and by coincidence, from North Carolina). But I never watched a game before. Today I watched the final. And what a game. Like every single good basketball game all was decided only at the final 2 minutes. :) UNC was 15 points ahead in the end of the first half, but with just 2 minutes to go, they were tied!

What a game!

In the end, the TV played what I discovered is the official hymn of the NCAA. A beautiful song about encouragement, the value of fight for what we believe called "One Shining Moment". I know there are lots of people out there that finds the lyrics too cheesy, but, for me, I see it beyond cheese (by the way, I love cheese :) ), it is a great hymn to continue the struggle, not only for the ball game, but for the game of life.

Below is a part of the lyrics and some links for the ones that wish to listen. I really like the song.

One Shining Moment

“Feel the beat of your heart
feel the wind in your face
it's more than a contest
it's more than a race...
And when it's done
win or lose
you always did your best
cuz inside you knew...
that one shining moment, you reached for the sky
one shining moment, you knew
one shining moment, you were willing to try
one shining moment . . .”


Here you can see a Video Clip of the song with images from the 2002 Championship
Here you listen to the TV Version of the song
Official Site of the composer of "One Shining Moment"

Congratulations North Carolina. Congratulations Illinois. Win or lose, I always believe that the important is really to compete.

No comments: